30 RESPOND TO INITIAL CALL OF HOCKEY TEAM

FIRST GAME ON DECEMBER 7 WITH TECHNOLOGY

Coach Joe Stubbs and his assistants Skeets Canterbury and Clark Hodder met thirty aspirants for the 1937-1938 Varsity, hockey squad yesterday afternoon at the Boston Arena in the first practice session of the season.

Captain Traf Hicks headed the group of five lettermen who reported. The others included Johnny Mechem, Ned Cutter, Gene Emerson, and Pete Stone. Last year's Freshman squad turned out in large numbers, including five of the six starters against Yale last year.

The squad will be substantially increased after the Yale football game when all fall sports end. At that time Russ Allen, George Roberts, Austie Harding, Ralph Pope, Win Jameson, Charles Houghton, and Joe Patrick, all lettermen last year, are expected to report.

M. I. T. will furnish the oppostion for the team's first game on December 7. The contest with Boston University on December 16 is the only other game before the Christmas holidays. The team will take its usual vacation trip this year, but where it will go and what teams it will engage are as yet uncertain. It will probably not go to Lake Placid as it has in recent years.