DEBATING TEAM LOSES TO HOLY CROSS, TWO-ONE

Other Groups Will Continue Week of Intense Activity by Debates With Brown, Williams, Yale

Harvard debaters succumbed to Holy Cross last night by a two to one decision on the question "Resolved: That this House approves the foreign policy of the present administration." Harvard took the negative side. The debate was in the Kimball auditorium at Holy Cross before an audience of 125.

Harvard speakers were Phil C. Neal '40, who took the place of Thomas V. Healey '38, originally scheduled to speak, and Robert W. Bean '39. The affirmative debaters were Arthur Collins and John J. Daunt.

Climaxing a week of intensive activity the Debating Council sends teams to Brown and Williams this evening, while tomorrow contests are on the calendar against Yale via the radio, Yale at New Haven, and Amherst at Amherst.

At Providence tonight William W. Hancock '38 and Richard W. Sullivan '38 defend the National Administration's foreign policy, while at Williamstown Edwin C. Hoyt, Jr. '38 and J. Geoffrey Levin '39 urge application of the Neutrality Act.

On the radio from 3 to 4 o'clock tomorrow over local station WAAB and the New England Colonial Network, Hancock, Sullivan, and Lawrence F. Ebb '39 reaffirm the validity of the foreign policy. At Yale, later in the day, Cecil D. Elfenbein '38, Victor Vaughan '40, and F. Welch Peel '39 take the opposite stand.