House Champions Defeated at New Haven

VANDERBILT GROUP DOWNS KIRKLAND GRIDDERS BY 14-0

NEW HAVEN, CONN., Nov. 12--Kirkland House, Harvard's Intramural champions, went down to a 14-0 defeat at the hands of the "Vanderbilt Group," Yale's dormitory winners, here today.

Both Yale touchdowns came on passes, the first after a steady third period march and the second with only three minutes left to play in the game.

Penaity Stops Kirkland Threat

Kirkland House started strong in the encounter and promptly marched down to the Eli six-yard stripe. Here a 15-yard penalty was imposed on them, and the Harvardians never again really threatened.

Kirkland's star triple-threat halfback, Jack McClure, was the outstanding player on the field and ripped off long gains through the line and around end. The line play of Grey, at left guard, featured the Harvardians' defense.

Blocked Kick

Yale's first touchdown pass was a long one from halfback Burr to end Peterson, who made a spectacular catch and then ran untouched to the score. The second aerial was set up by a blocked Kirkland punt.

The "Vanderbilt Group" is not a real dormitory team but is a squad which lives outside and was admitted into the dormitory league. They clinched the championship early in the season and soundly trounced most of their opponents.

Harvard's Kirkland House eleven was coached this year by Bernie White, former Varsity back. White's outfit won the Crimson title for the second successive year with a record of five wins, one tie, and one defeat.