INJUNS ON THE SQUARE

With the news that all indications point to a sell-out for the Yale game this Saturday, an almost forgotten type of barnacle has made its appearance on the Square, and this breed is particularly plentiful and annoying this season. The species is rare in these parts, there being no record of their growth here since the Yale game of 1931, except in a few isolated instances. They are individually known as barnacles-on-society, and commonly referred to as "scalpers," but somewhat longer terms have sometimes been applied to them by rougher company. They are no relation to the Indians who roamed the plains of yore, although their methods have some points of similarity. However, these do not wahoo; they whisper.

These barnacles are wont to lounge against the fence rails and on street corners, coyly ensnaring students into parting with their pasteboards to the game in return for a consideration--usually a very substantial consideration. The worst feature of their attack is that they are doing no end of damage to the game-crop, not only to seriously tempting a few money-mad students but much more important, in undermining the reputation of the H. A. A. for fair, impartial distribution of said pasteboards. On the opposite are of this vicious circle is the public. They too are suffering, and will continue to suffer for the rest of the week unless some deadly antidote is quickly compounded by the University to curb this crawling menace. For the public will pay the scalpers the original price of the ticket, plus the several hundred percent it cost the scalpers to obtain it, plus several hundred additional percent for the sole purpose of breeding these scalpers more profusely in the future.

This situation is certainly not ideal There are students who want tickets and cannot get them. Yet the scalpers have them, and to spare because they have ready capital, quick turn-over, and fabulous profits. The sooner this barnacle horde is strongly discouraged from its activities around Harvard, the more persons will witness the game who are entitled to and really deserve to see it. To all it must be plain: the Injuns on the Square this week are not from Dartmouth, and they are not on the square.