WHITTEMORE TO PLAY LEADING ROLE IN H. D. COMEDY IN DECEMBER

"STRAIGHT SCOTCH" TO MAKE TOUR TO BERMUDA

Richard Whittemore '40 plays the leading part in "Straight Scotch," the Dramatic Club's fall show, it was announced yesterday in a complete listing of the cast. Miriam Clark, of Chestnut Hill, has the main feminine part.

Supporting are: James J. Storrow '40, Henry H. Buckman '38, Jonas Muller '40, Walter Webster '39, Samuel R. Sheppard '40, William H. Judd, Jr. '38, Robert A. Markewich '40, Charles D. Griffith '40, and Norton Goodwin '38 also hold important parts in the play.

Remaining girls in the cast are Joanne Sterne from Radcliffe "Idlers" Club Virginia Leach from the same organization, and Peggy Eastell, who came from Pittsburgh to play in "Straight Scotch." Extra parts will be filled by members of the club, girls from dramatic schools in Boston, and debutantes of the present season.

The show will tour to Worcester, Northampton, Englewood, New Jersey, and Hamilton, Bermuda. While in Bermuda, the production will occupy the Bermuda Opera House.

About ten dogs, all scotties except for one Sealyham, are called for in the script. Francis H. Hart, Jr. '27, author and director of "Straight Scotch," has tentatively selected the dogs used. He hopes that Flintfield Gayseal, a son of Champions, of the High Acre kennels of Newton Center, will be available for the play.

Howard R. Patch, '38, president of the Dramatic Club, has decided that the dogs must be present for rehearsal at an early date, in spite of the prospect that the remodeled clubhouse at 13 Holyoke Street will resemble a kennel. The problem of taking the dogs on tour has also to be faced. Accomodations for them can be found in Worcester and Northampton, but the housing in and transportation to Bermuda during the Christmas holidays presents many difficulties which still baffle the stage crew.

A small brood of hens, a turkey gobbler, and two dead chickens are also required in the script.

Run through formaidehyde and other substances in the biology laboratories, the chickens are ready to go on with rehearsal for a few more days. It is expected, however, that a fresh supply will be needed before the show opens in Boston.