Yale Daily News Editor Writes On Yale Footballers

Special to the CRIMSON from Borie of the Yale Daily News.

Yale's football outlook for the rest of the season now is a matter of getting back to the form shown against Army and Cornell. Having reached its highest peak in years in these two games, the Elis were a little exhausted when a Dartmouth team that had found Harvard its only tough game came to town.

Prepared to run through a five or sixman line, the blue attack met up with a seven-man stonewall with a stick of dynamic in the form of Harry Gates behind it. Stopped on the ground the Elis turned to the air, and there a severe case of butterfingers struck all the receivers except Al Hessberg.

With a wind strong enough to cause a passer of Frank's calibre to overshoot, his mark in the beginning of one quarter and then have his tosses stopped in the next, Yale really had its hands full.

Dave Colwell, on the other hand, took the wind to his too and sent off 89 and 75 yard punts to set the Indians back on their goal line, with a safety resulting the first boot. It is to be noted that had Yale refrained from passing after this Dartmouth logically would not have intercepted and scored, although other things might have developed.

As it is with the game over, the Blues rested today before starting work for Brown Saturday. Experience has shown that the Bruins point for this game employing every possible means of winning it. Hope around town is that the first-stringers can run riot early and then the reserves battle it out with Denny Myer's linemen. At present the whole squad is physically in good shape.

For Princeton and Harvard, if all goes well, Yale should be able to offer the attack it displayed against Cornell and Army along with the experience gained from Dartmouth, continued good punting from Colwell, Frank's passing and all around brilliance, some improved work in the fundamentals with the passing of time, and perhaps some new magic from Greasy Neale's bag of tricks with the fleeting of the same time.

Still a little weak in reserve linemen, the Elis this season boast the strongest all round first eleven in years. Their resourcefulness is no more considered luck especially when one realizes that since the appearance of Pond and Neale on the scene at least one touchdown has been scored in every game.