P. B. H. CHOOSES 12 FOR FRESHMAN COMMITTEE

KELLY CONTINUING AS CHAIRMAN THROUGH MIDYEARS

Working from a list of 45 names suggested by proctors and deans, a Phillips Brooks House Committee has made and yesterday announced the selection of 12 Freshmen to serve as the P.B.H. Freshman Committee for 1937-38.

Men named are: Regnar E. Bird, E. Langdon Burwell, H. Whitney Dodge, John B. Fisher, David O. Hagedorn, Eugene H. Hoffman, Langdon P. Marvin, Andrew G. Rosenberger, Roger S. Schafer, William H. Witt, Spencer A. Klaw, and Donald H. Keene.

Members of the appointing committee were Bartow Kelly '40, chairman, Edward T. Ladd '38, and Nathaniel H. Batchelder, Jr. '39. Kelly, who headed last year's group will direct the 1941 body until after midyear examinations.

As part of their activity the Yardling dozen will supervise Brooks work within the Yard, act as a junior advisory council, and cooperate with the various other committees of the Association, thus forming a nucleus of new men who gradually reach cabinet rank.

Other duties include the distribution of Thanksgiving baskets to the needy of Cambridge, the arrangement of a Christmas party for the needy children of the city, preparation of the handbook during the winter and spring terms, and towards the end of the year individual work and investigation of social conditions, etc.