AUSTRALIAN DEBATERS LOSE TO CRIMSON 3 TO 0

Defeated by Harvard Team Playing Telegrams from Lewis and Green as Trump Cards

Aided by telegrams denouncing compulsory labor arbitration from John L. Lewis, C. I. O. chief, and William Green. President of the A. F. of L., the Harvard debating team won a 3 to 0 victory over their Australian opponents in a debate yesterday afternoon.

The question "Resolved, That Congress should adopt the Australian system of compulsory arbitration" was debated before a studio audience over station WAAB and a coast-to-coast Mutual Broadcasting hook-up.

Visitors Point to Australia

Decrying the industrial unrest which now prevails in the United States, the visitors pointed with pride to Australia's system of compulsory labor arbitration, a system which has promoted industrial peace in that country.

Taking the negative, the Harvard debaters, Lawrence F. Ebb '89 and Phil C. Neal '40, claimed that compulsory arbitration of industrial disputes was undemocratic, costly, and unacceptable to labor, as the telegrams from Lewis and Green demonstrated.