The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

FRESHMAN PUCKSTERS REPULSE BELMONT 5-1

PLAY IN HARVARD'S TERRITORY MOST OF GAME

Although played on even terms for the greater part of the game, the Freshman Hockey team was able to defeat a scrappy Belmont Hill School sextet 5-1 yesterday afternoon at the Garden on the strength of three goals in the first seven minutes of play.

When Monahan replaced Summers in the Belmont not after the third tally, the Yardlings were unable to score again until the middle of the third period. Monahan came up with four or five brilliant saves, but for the most part had an easy time repulsing the Yardlings' attack which failed to function effectively. With the schoolboys tiring in the third period, Coach Hodder's team ran its total to five.

Cox and Willets with two goals and two assists respectively led the unimpressive Freshman team which demonstrated by its performance that it has a long way to go before it attempts next March to extend Hodder's long string of victories over Yale. Most apparent defects were slow skating, poor passing, and failure to play positions.

Captain Baldwin and Hosmer stood out for the losers who carried the play to the Yardlings for most of the second period and the first half of the third.

The summary: HARVARD  BELMONT HILL Curtis, l.w.  l.w., Bacon Noone, c.  c., Baldwin Thomas, r.w.  r.w., Hosmer Stone, l.d.  l.d., Holcombe Butt, r.d.  r.d., Pleasants Jeretsky, g.  g., Sumner

Harvard spares: Willets, Claflin, Hornblower, Cox, Burton, Hulse, Crocker, White, Gray, Whitlock, Stearnes, Hanford, Sherer.

Belmont Hill spares: Ellis, Smart, Byron, Loomis, Porter.

Score:--Harvard 5, Belmont Hill 1

Goals--First period, Cox (Willetts), 4.15; Hulse (Willetts), 5.44; Whitlock (Burton), 7.16; Hosmer (unassisted), 11.4. Second period, none. Third period, Hornblower (unassisted), 6.22; Cox (unassisted), 8.46.

Score:--Harvard 5, Belmont Hill 1