CONANT WILL WELCOME GUARDIAN CONFEREES

ADOLPH BERLE PRESIDES AT THIS MORNING'S MEETING

With delegates from all parts of the East converging on Cambridge, the Guardian Foreign Policy Conference will get under way in the Senior Common room of Winthrop House at 10 o'clock this morning with a welcoming speech by President Conant. Adolph A. Berle, Jr. '12 will preside at the opening session.

Bruce Bliven, David Sarnoff, George Sylvester Viereck, Hamilton Fish, Jr. '10 and Berle head the distinguished group of visitors. Sarnoff and Viereck will each present ten-minutes papers on the domestic side of the foreign policy problem during the afternoon meeting. The diplomatic and international side of the situation will be covered in papers by Nathaniel Peffer, William Potter Lage '30, and Clyde Eaglton in the evening session.

Preliminary to the official opening of the Conference, an introductory discussion attended by invited undergraduates took place last night in Winthrop House. Led by Payson S. Wild, Jr., assistant professor of Government, the meeting attempted to clarify the central problems of American foreign policy. Three general channels of thought were revealed.