Varsity Football Team Elects Green to Take Allen's Position as Captain

Has Occupied Left End Post For Two Years; Comes from Poly Prep School

Robert Lee Green, Jr. '39, of St. Davids, Pennsylvania, was elected yesterday afternoon to head next year's football Varsity. Chosen by his teammates, he succeeds C. Russell Allen '38.

Green has held down the left end position for two years, usually as a fifty-minute player, and will be the fifth consecutive lineman to lead a Crimson team. He is 20 years of age, five feet 10 inches tall, and weighs 168 pounds, and is a member of Dunster House.

Football, basketball and tennis were Green's activities at Poly Prep in Baltimore, where he prepared for Harvard.

In his Freshman year, Green won major numerals as end on the Yardling football team, was elected captain of the boxing team. He won his first Varsity football letter in 1936, when he started against Yale. Last Winter he played Jayvee basketball.

Since his Sophomore year, Green has missed starting but once, the Davidson game, receiving his first injury in the Army game.

Yesterday afternoon Green was all enthusiasm in regard to the team's prospects and expressed his eagerness for spring practice. Speaking of the Cornell game, second on next fall's schedule he said, "If we win there'll be nothing to stop us . . . I think we'll have a wonderful team!"