Unusual Countries Furnish Record-Breaking Numbers Of Foreign Born Students

Sweden and Liechtenstein Trail China 32 - Japan 5

Over tow hundred foreign students registered for instruction in the University this year, making up one of the largest foreign delegations in its history. Representatives from as widely spread spots as Iran and Siam and such small countries as Luxembourg and Liechtenstein are notable.

A total of 8,263 students, of whom 8,042 are from the United States proper, is an increase of several hundred over the total of the last two years. The college contributes almost half of this, almost four thousand, the Law School another thousand and a half, followed by the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences with 915 and the Business School with 874. The Medical School is pretty strictly limited and contributes only 526.

Every state in the Union is represented in the American total and a majority of Central and South American countries as well. Massachusetts and New York provide more than half the student body with Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Ohio, Illinois, Connecticut, and California together adding almost another quarter.

Canada leads the foreign countries with 45 students and China is no mean second with 32. Japan musters only 5, surpassed by 15 Englishmen, 12 Frenchmen, 11 Germans, and 6 Turks.