INSTRUMENTAL CLUBS PLAN REORGANIZATION

DEAN LEWIS, STACKPOLE UPHOLD GRADUATE VIEW

In a heated meeting tonight, the members of the Instrumental Clubs considered plans for reorganization. With Geoffrey W. Lewis '32, Assistant Dean of the College, and Stephen H. Stackpole '32, Secretary to the President, representing the opinion of the Graduate members, the new officers for the current season were elected, and the problem of some suitable rebuilding of the Clubs was placed upon their shoulders.

Because of the decreasing number of men entering College with an interest in banjo and mandolin music, it was felt that the Clubs' strongest assets were the Vocal Club, the Gold Coast Orchestra, and the Speciality Division. Particularly strong was the position of the Vocal Club, since it represents a field of group singing untouched by the activities of the Glee Club.

Plans, which will be passed on at a later date, ranged from the scheme of offering open nights, with informal singing, to the combination of the Banjo and Mandolin Clubs under the head of specialities and a continuation of the former policy of many concerts and a Christmas trip.

The officers elected were: President, Secor D. Browne '38, Vice-President, David C. Wilder '39, Manager, William H. Brown '38, Secretary - Treasurer, John H. Pierpont '39, Publicity, John F. Purcell '38, Librarian, John C. Jones, 3rd '39, Specialties, Charles C. Lawrence '38, Vocal Club, Edward L. Barnes '38, Banjo-Mandolin, Henry W. Locke '38, Gold Coast Orchestra, Harvey A. Robinson '38.