The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

The Crimson Moviegoer

AT THE UNIVERSITY

After a somewhat unnecessary explanation of the historical fallacies of the plot, Cocil B. DeMillo proceeds to give the movie-going public the best production of his career in "The Plainsman." With Gary Cooper as the far-famed, hard riding, Wild Bill Hickock, and Jean Arthur as the colorful figure of Calamity Jane, the picture needs only the barest outline of a plot to make it a huge success, but "The Plainsman" has more than this. It embraces the condensation of the period of frontier development from the eve of Lincoln's assassination to and through the reign of Buffalo Bill Cody.

Devoid of the usual superfluity of spectacle which characterizes the great majority of DeMilfe flascos, the picture is built around the background of the lawless and bloody period of American history when each move to the westward was greeted by wholesome bloodshed and torture from the Indians. Treachery on the part of eastern gun manufactures who send large shipments of a new and improved model of rifle to the Indians, leads to the great action scene where trick photography has achieved the most effective moving attack we have seen in years.

Londing practically nothing, and probably detracting from the program in general, is a sickening film called "Along Came Love." Of all the ridiculous, shoddy bits of colluloid ever to come out of the Paramount Studios, this one ranks at the top of the list. With no cast and no story it would seem impossible to add further to the failure of a picture, but this time the filming and directing reaches a now row.