COUNCIL GROUP TO STUDY YALE'S PLAN OF COLLEGE SPORTS

Committee Will Obtain Most Aid From Paid Secretary of Colleges Who Is In Charge of All Athletics

As part of the Student Council's investigation of the minor and intramural sports question a committee of three students will make a survey Monday and Tuesday of the method used by Yale in handling the situation it was learned yesterday.

Perry J. Culver '37, Lowell House Committee chairman, Rolf Kaltenborn '37, of Phillips Brooks House, and Charles W. Kessler '37, Winthrop House Committee chairman constitute the committee appointed by John B. Bowditch '37, President of the Student Council.

They will confer all day Monday and Tuesday with William H. Neale, Yale's Secretary of Inter-college athletics and will also meet with several of the College masters. The committee will study the finances and organizations of the intramural sports programs, as well as the question of participation.

It is possible that the Council group will meet with Charles Seymour, newly elected President of Yale, to whom they carry letters of introduction from University Hall officials.

The Committee's principal source of information about the Yale plan, will, in all likelihood, be paid the secretary of each College. This official is an undergraduate, who, in return for room and board, furnished by the College undertakes to manage all intramural athletics in a College during all seasons.

He attends to such details as the furnishing of equipment, making courts, pools, and fields available, management of tournaments and leagues, and in general is responsible for all athletics in the College.