DONNELL STARTS DUN OF FRESHMAN PARENTS

FALL REGISTER EXPENSE MAKES CIRCULATION NEED

In an effort to increase the circulation and thereby assure its financial success, letters have been mailed to the parents of all Freshmen who have not yet subscribed to the Freshman Red Book, it was announced last night by John L. Donnell, chairman of the Red Book.

Donnell carefully saw to it that the subscribers to the Red Book should be provided with the Fall Register, a successful innovation, at no additional charge. With expenditures thus increased, it is especially necessary that all Freshmen contribute to its success, so that future classes will find it possible to follow the precedent that has been set this year.

Competitions for the literary and photographic boards are now under way, and the results are expected to be announced soon. The advertising and circulation committees have been hard at work since last fall, and work in all other departments is well under way.

The final publication, which will appear near the end of May, will include individual photographs of all Freshmen and write-ups and pictures of all Yardling activities, social and athletic.

Donnell stated that there would be no substantial changes from the makeup of former Red Books, but that special effort would be made to render each article of real interest to all Freshmen. Special emphasis will be placed upon sports.