YARDLING DEBATERS TO MEET EXETER TONIGHT

First Argument of Season on Subject of Government Monopoly in Making Munitions

Freshman debaters will meet Exeter tonight in their first contest this season in the upper common room of the Union at 7:15 o'clock. Arthur Cantor and Raymond J. Harris will uphold the negative of the question: "Resolved, That the manufacture of munitions of war should be a government monopoly."

Judges of the debate will be Edward H. Hickey '33, L '36, and Dr. Horace A. Rigg '31, the audience casting the third vote in the decision.

In the tryouts held yesterday from 4:00 to 6:00 o'clock, with twenty contestants competing, the following were chosen to represent the Union Debating Society in the subsequent debates scheduled: Jerome L. Gilbert and Rodman Gilder, Jr., Holy Cross, here, March 3; Victor C. Vaughan, 3rd and Paul W. Cherington, Boston College, March 8, away; Phil C. Neal and Robin Scully, Exeter, March 12, away; and Garfield H. Horn, Louis Hartz, and Jacob J. Kaplan, Boston Latin School, March 19, away.

Future debates will have as subjects the following questions, in all of which the Yardlings will take the affirmative: Congress' power to enact minimum wage and maximum hours legislation for industry, the President's proposed judiciary reform measures, and the sitdown strike as a legal weapon of labor.