GREETINGS

The "Crimson" wishes to extend its informal greetings to all guests and delegates to the Harvard-Yale-Princeton Conference on "The Role of Government in the National Economy." It has so far neglected to comment on those who are responsible for the Conference's progress from a vision to an actuality, from a speechless vacuum to a forum of discussion.

Those who are acquainted merely with the names of guests do not know their ready acceptance of invitations to the Conference. The hearty support and critical thinking, contributed by busy men in government and private business, have infused life into an institution that otherwise would be, by the second year of its existence, little more than a meaningless shell.

The brawny shoulder put to the wheel by the professors of the three colleges hardly requires mention, so obvious is the fruit of their effort. Little less apparent is the zestful work of editors of the "Daily Princetonian" and the "Yale News", and the slowly-realized but now effective support of the undergraduates in the three colleges.

The three necessary cogs--comprised of guests, faculty members, and students--have clicked into place. There is every reason to believe that the topics hammered out on the anvil of discussion at the Conference will be converted into useful prodcts.