A QUESTION OF PERFORMANCE

Once again preparations for the "big show" in June are under way. The first step is the selection of the Senior Nominating Committee, which proposes names for the officers and other title-holders of the Class of '37, and the appointment of the Juniors who distribute and tabulate the returns. At the same time the Student Council has announced the selection of the Nominating Committee for next year's Senior Album. The personnel of each of these groups is such as to inspire confidence that the work will be well done.

These details casually viewed may seem little more than mere routine to a great many members of the class; even the election results may in some cases seem foreordained or even meaningless. But this "routine" organization is important. It is only necessary to hark back two years to recall one slip between the cup and the lip, due to bad management. Then the Juniors counting the returns were at fault. But a hitch at any point is enough to disrupt and discredit he whole system of Senior Elections. The dissension, the damaged feelings; the howls of protest of two years ago should be sufficient reminder to each of the Committees concerned that theirs is a delicate task to be performed with care and good judgment.