NEW DEALER TO SPEAK FOR DUNSTER TONIGHT

Ezekiel Praises Government Control of Business in Address Last Night at Winthrop House

Dr. Mordecal J. B. Ezekiel, economic adviser to the Secretary of Agriculture, will speak in Dunster House at 7 o'clock tonight. He has chosen "Government activities in creating and redistributing income and wealth" for the subject of his talk. From 8 to 8:30 o'clock will be a discussion period.

"The corporation system of today and the resulting security markets is a wonderful gambling institution and Americans enjoy it," declared Dr. Ezekiel in an address to an assembly of Government concentrators in the Winthrop Junior Common Room last night.

The Brain Truster defended the New Deal in dwelling at some length on the important position occupied by government in economic security. "Roughly speaking," he said, "there are three broad patterns by which a government can deal with its economic activity. First by providing a favorable environment for business growth; secondly, to actually manipulate this environment for the desired result; and thirdly, through deliberately planning the operations of business itself."

Briefly discussing the work of some of the New Deal organizations, Dr. Ezekiel added, "I believe that one practicable way of using public works to aid in maintaining economic equilibrium is to use government credit in times of depression and pay it off in times of recovery."