SLASH BASEBALL SQUAD TO 19 FOR SPRING TRIP

OUTFIELDERS WILL RECRUIT FROM PITCHERS, INFIELDERS

In preparation for the spring trip the baseball squad was pared down to 19 men yesterday by Coach Mitchell. About all of these men will make the spring trip.

Six men have been retained on the pitching squad, three as catchers, six infielders, and four outfielders. One pitcher and two infielders will also be available for work in the outfield.

Those retained are pitchers Ed Ingalls, Dick Walsh, Don Prouty, who also may be used in the outfield, Slim Curtiss, Lefty Edinburg, and Royall Victor; catchers Al Colwell, Paul Doyle, and Phil Staples; infielders Tom Bilodeau, Frank Owen, Art Johns, Lupe Lupien, Dick Grondahl, and Dave Shean, the last two of whom may be switched to the outfield if necessary; outfielders Dave MacIntosh, Mal McTernen, Jim Sullivan, and Bob Gannett, who will not be taken on the spring trip because of an injury which will incapacitate him until the home games start.

With the squad cut down to a more workable size time will probably be spent now on intensive batting practice for so far in the cage the hitting has not been of the heavy slugging type.