The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

SPOTLIGHTER These Men Make News

Davidson, Knox to Celebrate in June

IN 1836 when it was being planned in Whiteby, N. Y., its name was to be "Prairie College." When a charter was issued it was called "Knox Labor College." Today it is Knox College at , Ill., 100 years old in June. Though he is serving in that capacity, Knox's Centennial the formal occasion for inaugurating its 11th , Dr. Carter Davidson, 32, Kentucky born, recently associate professor in English at College (Minnesota).

Once affiliated with the Presbyterian and church, Knox made an apt choice in Davidson. He is a of the Congregational , ordained in two years after he the duties of Carleton's president. Harvard gave him his the University of his M. A., Chicago Ph. D. He has the Universities of and Chicago.

In 1930 Knox its neighbor in Lombard College. its co-educational student body numbers 528 its faculty 38. Now non-denominational, College has an endowment well over two million , its library has the important Finley collection documents on the early French and English in the Mississippi valley.

When called on to speak at the Knox June, Pres. Davidson will respond forcibly on platform. He has taught speech as well as for a long time. Delta Sigma Rho counts him a distinguished alumnus. With Poet Louis he wrote Poetry, Its Appreciation and Enjoyment.