"THE DOG BENEATH THE SKIN" CHOSEN FOR SPRING PLAY

Tryouts for Big Cast Will Be Held This Afternoon, Tonight, and Tomorrow Afternoon at P.B.H.

Following its custom of introducing American Premieres the Dramatic Club will present as its spring production "The Dog Beneath the Skin" or "Where is Francis." Dates for the presentation have not been definitely decided on.

Written in right verse by two of England's most outstanding poets, W. H. Auden and Christopher Isherwood, the play was selected by the unanimous vote of the Club members, and faculty advisers were enthusiastic over the choice. Playwright Auden is known in this country for his "Dance of Death" which had a successful run in New York last year.

Ambitious Enterprise

Howard R. Patch '37, president of the Dramatic Club, stated yesterday that "Dog Beneath the Skin" will be the most intricate and ambitious enterprise ever undertaken by the Club. The play will require an enormous cast, a large production staff, music, and a chorus. Tryouts, it was announced, are to be held in Phillips Brooks House this afternoon from 1:30 to 5:30 o'clock, tonight from 7 to 9 o'clock, and tomorrow afternoon 1:30 to 5:30 o'clock.

"The Dog Beneath the Skin" has received exceedingly favorable reviews in England, where it ran last year. A high spirited up-to-the-minute comedy in Gilbert and Sullivan style the projected play satirizes many phases of modern day life as typical of both here and abroad, including such things as Fascism, night clubs, and soap box oratory. The female parts will be handled by Radcliffe girls.

Active Year

This year has been an active one for the Dramatic Club. Last fall the Club presented "Jonah and the Whale" to three audiences at the Peabody Playhouse in Boston. Last Friday and Saturday Dramatic Club members acted in the Erskine School play, and next month the Club is supplying actors for the Wellesley production of "The Late Christopher Bean."