IVY ORATORS COMPETE BEGINNING THIS WEEK

ALLEN IS NAMED JUNIOR USHER AT COMMENCEMENT

At their first meeting, Tuesday, the 1937 Class Day Committee agreed upon plans for the selection of the Ivy Orator who will give the Oration at the Stadium exercises on Class Day, Wednesday, June 23.

Candidates, it was announced, must register at the Class Day headquarters in Lehman Hall before Saturday, April 3. Each candidate will be asked to state any experience or qualifications he may have which bear on his ability to fill this position. He will be given an opportunity to submit with his registration any manuscript or copy of past work or proposed work that he may wish to have considered as evidence of his ability.

These registrations and manuscripts will be studied by the Class Day Committee Wednesday, April 24; five or more of the candidates will be chosen from this list and will deliver a five minute trial Ivy Oration between April 14 and 28 on a day to be chosen later.

One man and a substitute will be chosen from the above by a committee to consist of the First and Second Marshals, members of the Class Day Committee, Frederick, C. Packard '20, assistant professor of Public Speaking, and William G. Morse '99, purchasing agent.

Junior Head Usher

C. Russell Allen has been chosen Junior Head Usher for the 1937 Commencement Exercises, it was announced last night by George S. Ford, newly elected chairman of the Class Day Committee. Russ Allen is also captain of next-year's football team.

As Junior Head Usher Allen will select 120 Juniors as ushers for the Baccalaureate Sermon, the Senior Spread, and the luncheons, suppers, and dancing in the various Houses. The Junior Ushers will also assist in the parade of graduates and undergraduates to the Stadium on Class Day.