QUARTER FINAL HELD IN AMES COMPETITION

Hon. Abraham Pinanski Gives Verdict Favorable to Defense in Argument at Law School

Rendered in favor of the defense by the presiding judge, Hon. Abraham E. Pinanski, justice of the Superior Court of Massachusetts, was a decision in the quarter final term of the Ames Competition held in the court room of Langdell Hall last night.

Before the panel of three jurists which included also Livingston Hall, assistant professor of Law and Charles B. Rugg, member of the State bar, was the case between Louisa Fitzgerald, plaintiff and the American Delivery Company, a Corporation, defendant.

Attorneys for the plaintiff who presented the appeal from the Superior to the Supreme Court of the Ames Competition, Frederick C. Troll 2L and Edward B. Scott 2L lost their case to the relatively simpler defense of attorneys John L. Burling 2L and William H. Smith 2L.

Paramount issue in the argument which involved claims for damages on the grounds that insanity had resulted from the narrow escape of being run down by a truck were the questions of negligence on the part of the driver and the legality of certain hearsay evidence. Lawyers for the defendant delivery company earned their decision by disclaiming the plea of Insanity.