AIM NOW!

With the zero hour for Freshmen but two weeks ahead, comes the annual scramble to choose a field of concentration for the ensuing three years of college. Each year at this time, the Yearlings come face to face with one of the most crucial decisions of their educational career. Selection of a field is no light, coin-tossing proposition, for a faulty or hasty choice in this matter often has far reaching consequences in upperclass studies. It is therefore essential to a Freshman's future welfare that he thoroughly investigate those fields which interest him, and, by logical elimination, select the one most fitted to his abilities.

More and more avenues are being opened up by the University to aid first year men along this line. Detailed course requirements are set forth in each of the various departmental catalogues. Numerous lectures are given in the Union by competent authorities, listing the merits, and warning of pitfalls which might be encountered. The latest innovation designed to prod Freshman to a wise choice is the lecture to be given this morning by Professor J. P. Baxter and Dr. Arlie V. Bock to which all members of the Class of 1940 are invited.

With such means as their disposal, Yardlings will have no one but themselves to blame for any mistakes. All necessary precautions have been taken by the University. It only remains for new men to take advantage of them. Then the result will be a stable program of courses which will focus college study on a definite objective, pointing and preparing for an aim beyond college.