Ezekiel, Economic Adviser, Will Speak at Winthrop

Government in American Economic Life Will Be Topic

At a meeting of the Council of Government Concentrators to be held tonight, Dr. Mordecai J. B. Ezekiel, chief economic adviser J. B. Ezekiel, chief economic advisor to the Secretary of Agriculture, will speak on "The Changing Place of Government in American Economic Life." The assembly will begin at 8 o'clock in the Junior Common Room of Winthrop House.

Dr. Ezekiel, who won the Guggenheim Fellowship for Economic Study in 1930, has been connected with the Agricultural Department since 1922. Following the award of the Fellowship, he served three years as assistant chief economist to the Federal Farm Board, being appointed to his present position in 1933.

In addition, the economist, who is also the author of two books, "Methods of Correlation Analysis" and "$2500--from Scarcity to Abundance," assisted is formulating plans for farm relief and in drafting the Agricultural Act. He is, in Cambridge to attend the Littauer Conference in connection with the new Graduate School of Public Administration.

According to Richard T. Davis '33, chairman of the executive committee of the Council, the meeting will be open is everyone. "Dr. Ezekiel's subject will be of interest not only to Government and Economics concentrators but to would be business officials," he added