75 Men Answer Jaakko's Call for First Track Practice

All Late Candidates for Freshman Manager May Still Report

Any Freshman interested in the Freshman Track Managership who has not yet entered the competition should report at the H.A.A. office in the rotunda at 8:45 o'clock today or tomorrow morning, it was announced last night.

Competition for the Freshman post will be concluded on Saturday, May 15, with the winner taking the team to New Haven the following Saturday. As an award, the winner will receive his major numerals.

Large Spring Turnout

In answer to Coach Jaakko Mikkola's call, 75 Varsity and Freshman track aspirants reported at the Stadium for practice yesterday afternoon. As usual it was the largest turnout of the year for, in addition to the men who have been working all winter, many new men reported.

Jaakko made no statement as to the potentialities of the Varsity for this spring, but expressed his satisfaction at the spirit showed by the unusually large number that practiced during vacation. Captain Bill Schmidt led the reporting veterans who included such notables as Al Northrop and Henry Marey, distance men.