3 GIVEN FELLOWSHIPS IN MEDICINE, HISTORY

Alexander, Janeway Awarded Grants For Medical Study; Quigley to Work in Italian Archives

Fellowship grants totaling $4,400 for advanced research at the Harvard laboratories and abroad were announced today by the University.

Dr. Benjamin Alexander, of Dorchester, Teaching Follow in Biological Chemistry, has been awarded a William A. Moseley, Jr., Travelling Fellowship of the Harvard Medical School, for the study of medicine in Europe. Dr. Alexander graduated from Harvard College with highest honors in 1930, and from the Medical School with high honor in 1934.

Dr. Charles A. Janeway, of Johns Hopkins Hospital, A.B. Yale 1930, M.D. Johns Hopkins 1934, has been awarded the Edward Hickling Bradford Fellowship for medical research in the laboratories of bacteriology at Harvard.

William C. Quigley, of Jamaica Plain Instructor at Princeton University, has been awarded the Woodbury Lowery Fellowship of the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences for research in the archives of Italy. A graduate of Harvard College in 1933, he received an A.M. in 1934, and is at present working on a history of the "Kingdom of Italy under Eugene Beauharnais."

Those who found no traces of political discrimination in the Walsh-Sweezy case believed the issues to be fundamental in the educational controversy involved in the case.