Varsity Baseball Team Faces Cornell Today at Ithaca in League Encounter

Yardling Nine Takes on Worcester Academy; Jayvees Tackle Governor Dummer

Hoping to shake itself out of a losing streak, the Varsity baseball team will tackle Cornell this afternoon at Ithaca. This will be the third Eastern Intercollegiate League game for the Crimson, the previous contest being a 13-2 win over Columbia and a 10-4 lose to Princeton.

None too strong pitching and a liberal dose of infield errors have stalemated the nine in its two local games, while the hitting has not been of the fence-busting variety. If the team does come out of its lethargy, a Harvard victory is in the offing, for the Ithacans have dropped their only League encounter, a 3-2 defeat at the hands of Penn. A defeat, however, will probably find Coach Mitchell shaking up his club next week.

Righthander Ed Ingalls will toe the slab at the start today, with lefty Dick Walsh in reserve. Only change in the regular lineup will find Dave Shean replacing Dick Grondahl in left field.

Freshmen Face Worcester

The none-too-strong Yardling nine will have a real tussle on their hands when they run into Worcester Academy on Soldiers Field at 3 o'clock. The '40 team dropped their two games played this last week, losing to the Newport Naval Station 13-10 and being trimmed by Thayer Academy 5-1.

In an attempt to start up his stalled hitting power, Coach Samborski has shuffled about his batting lineup and will present the following order: McPherson, lf; Thomas, 2b; Fulton, c; Curtis, cf; Lutz, 1b; Wood, ss; Merrill, 3b; and Pratt, rf. Hardworking John Woodward will be the starting hurler.

The Jayvees will travel to South By-field this afternoon to take on Governor Dummer Academy. The Junior Varsity, like the other Harvard diamond teams, has been none too successful this spring, having just lost two games to Andover and Holy Cross Junior Varsity