CRIMSON NINE DEFEATS CORNELL BY 9-3 SCORE

J.V.'S NOSE OUT GOV. DUMMER 2-0 IN TIGHT BATTLE

Five runs in the ninth inning salted away a see-saw battle and gave the varsity team a 9-3 victory over Cornell at Ithaca on Saturday. This was the second Intercollegiate League victory for the Crimson in four starts.

Up until the final frame the game was a tight struggle, neither team ever being more than one run ahead. Harvard had a hard time making anything from the offerings of Stehnach, who held them to 4 hits through the eighth, but the Cornell outfielders were playing tag with the ball in a high wind and helped pile up a total of six errors to give the Mitchellmen 4 unearned runs.

Fine Fielding

The Ithacans, meanwhile, were touching Ed Ingalls for 10 hits, but beautiful support, particularly from Mal McTernan and Jim Sullivan in the outfield, kept their runs down to 3.

With the advent of the ninth inning Harvard brought forth a display of real power, and bunched 5 hits and an error for their five tallies. TEAM STANDINGS Eastern Intercollegiate Baseball League Yale  2  0  1.000 Dartmouth  1  0  1.000 Harvard  2  1  .667 Pennsylvania  2  2  .500 Princeton  1  1  .500 Columbia  1  3  .250 Cornell  0  2  .000 This week: Wednesday:  Columbia at Harvard   Dartmouth at Cornell Saturday:  Yale at Pennsylvania   Columbia at Cornell   Perinceton at Dartmouth (2 games)

Batting stars for the varsity nine were Lupe Lupien and McTernan who both hit three for five. Pitcher Stehnach shone for Cornell with two hits in four tries, one of which was a long home run to tie up the game in the sixth.

Yardlings Lose to Worcester

The Freshman baseball team lost by a 10-7 score to Worcester Acadmy on Soldiers Field Saturday. Eight errors committed by the 40 team gave the schoolboys a chance to help themselves to some rather tainted runs and built up a 7-3 lead going into the ninth. In that frame both nines went on a spree, Worcester snagging 3 runs and the Freshmen 4.

John Woodward pitched a nice game, limiting the opposition to eight hits, but the support from his teammates was negligible.

Jayvees Beat Gov. Dummer

Behind the four hit twirling of Lefty Edinburgh, the Junior Varsity nine defeated Governor Dummer Academy at South Byfield on Saturday. A pitcher's battle throughout, the J.V.'s iced the game with a run in the third and ninth innings.

Yardlings Lose to Worcester

Jayvees Beat Gov. Dummer