The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

MEMORIAL HALL OPENS FOR FRESHMAN SMOKER

Kennedy Announces Move to Make Room for Whole Class at Party on Tuesday Night; New Committeemen

Overflow crowds of Freshmen that for years past made the annual Smoker Harvard's nearest approach to a Black Hole of Calcutta have not struggled for air in vain. The Class of 1940 is moving into Memorial Hall.

John F. Kennedy '40, chairman of this year's event, announced last night that the annual class party Tuesday will adjourn with all its trimmings to the usually deserted examination hall.

Increased room for performers and Freshmen, 150 of whom were unable to crowd into the Union last year, and ability to serve refreshments during the performance influenced the decision by Freshmen and Dean's office.

Together with this announcement, Kennedy reported that Gertrude Niessen, New York stage and concert singer, will head a cast of 40 entertainers for the show, free to all members of the Class.

To help run things in the enlarged quarters three names have been added to the list of committeemen, Victor Francis, Ernest S. Merrill, Jr., and Chalmers B. Wood.

The traditional free doughnuts, cheese, and ginger ale will be served.