Walsh Reelected To Presidency Of Teachers' Union

Sweezy Reclaims Post on Executive Board of Union by Vote of Whole Organization

J. Raymond Walsh, instructor in economics, was reelected president of the Cambridge Union of University Teachers yesterday by a unanimous vote. Alan R. Sweezy '29, instructor in economics, was reelected to the executive board of the Teachers 'Union.

The elections were interpreted as a vindication of Walsh and Sweezy in regard to the recent episode with the University when they were given concluding appointments thereby causing comment about their liberal activities.

Walsh's reelection will be his third straight term. Walsh has been active in the Union ever since its inception in Cambridge. In the summer of 1936 he was appointed delegate to the national convention and was elected regional vice-president for the New England district.

Last October a drive for state-wide membership was started, and Walsh was placed in general charge of this work. Funds from the national treasury were sent to aid the local organization in this work.