127 MEN RECEIVE POSTS ON SUMMER SCHOOL FACULTY

Courses on Modern Problems Given for Outsiders as Well as Men Making Up Deficiencies

One hundred and twenty-seven men have been engaged for the faculty of the Summer School, opening July 6 for a six week term, it was released yesterday. Eighty-two are from the University including sixteen full professors, and forty-five from other American institutions.

An ambitious program of adult education has been planned as well as the usual curriculum for students with course deficiencies to make up. Kirtley F. Mather, professor of Geology, who is Director of the Summer School, is also president of the Boston Center of Adult Education.

Courses designed to meet the "real educational needs of current lift" will be given, with a large number treating modern problems. Some titles of courses are" "Industrial Organization and Control," "Constitutional Government and Dictatorship," "Contemporary France and Spain," and "Child Psychology."

In addition, topics of this kind will also be taken up in a series of roundtable conferences and public discussions at the School. Among the guest speakers are President Mildred H. McAfee, of Wellesley College, who will talk on "The Plight of the Educated Man," and William Y. Elliot, professor of Government, who will discuss "Great Britain as the Key to World Diplomacy."

Another feature of this summer's program is a carefully arranged curriculum in the arts, music and literature, with public lectures, concerts, discussions and special movies besides the regular classroom work.