Tbe Crimson Moviegoer

WEEK'S BEST FILMS

At the request of many of his patrons, George Kaska, manager of the Fine Arts, has secured a return engagement of "Man of Aran" and "Power."

Essentially a pictorial film, the present version of "Man of Aran" is more complete than its former self and has been provided with an entire musical score based on Irish folk songs. The struggle of the Aran fishermen against the elements is handled with strong sincerity and complete simplicity by Director Robert Flaherty, and it is here that the strength of the picture lies. Devoid of plot, "Man of Aran" has an innate power that holds one's interest throughout, and the acting of Michael Dillane, King, and Maggic Dirrane is superb. This is a great moving picture that should be missed by no one.

"Power," the story of Jew Suss (Conrad Veidt) and a race oppressed, makes a strong bid for high honors as a second feature. Paying with wealth, self-respect and happiness as the price for power, Mr. Veidt presents a forceful character beautifully portrayed.

The Fine Arts Theatre has presented its public with as good a double bill as Boston has seen in many a day.