THE PRESS

DR. WILLIAM'S APPOINTMENT

It would be difficult to think of a better selection than Harvard University has made in choosing John H. Williams to head its new Graduate School of Public Administration, which is to open its doors a year from this fall. Dr. William's background fits him admirably for the nature of the task that confronts him in conducting the formulation of plans for the school and in directing its activities.

The important point in Dr. Williams's favor, however, is that his experience in the world of practical finance has been as thoroughgoing as his experience as a teacher of economic theory. Thus, for the last four years--years that have been extraordinarily critical banking-wise--Dr. Williams has divided his time between teaching his classes at Cambridge and taking an active and intimate part in the task of running the nation's financial system.

When one considers the fact that the student body of the new Harvard School is to be recruited from men active in the government service one can understand the appropriateness of Dr. Williams's appointment. These classes can be assured not only of the services of a sound administrator but of one who can appreciate their unique approach to the various curricular problems that come before them. --N. Y. Herald-Tribune.