Undergraduates Celebrate Second Consecutive Virtual Housing Day

Dean of Students Office Discusses Housing Day, Anti-Racism Goals

Renowned Cardiologist and Nobel Peace Prize Winner Bernard Lown Dies at 99

Native American Nonprofit Accuses Harvard of Violating Federal Graves Protection and Repatriation Act

U.S. Reps Assess Biden’s Progress on Immigration at HKS Event

THE MAIL

(Ed. Note--The Crimson does not necessarily endorse opinions expressed in printed communications. No attention will be paid to anonymous letters and only under special conditions, at the request of the writer, will names be withheld. Only letters under 400 words can who printed because of space limitations.)

To the Editors of the Harvard Crimson :

Your editorial this morning, entitled "The Gift Horse", reminded me unpleasantly of the kind of writing that appeared in this country in the years during and immediately after the World War. It represents the kind of attitude that most intelligent and educated people hoped had been dispelled by the disclosures of such historians as Professor Fay.

Hitler's fast rise to power was inseparably tied up with his promises to free Germany and to put her back on a level with the other great nations of the world, and his present position is only due to the feeling pervading all Germany that the world hated her and wanted to enslave her for all time. It is just the kind of feeling that your editorial represents and the kind of action that it endorses that put Hitler more firmly in the saddle and make many of us wonder whether he isn't justified in renouncing dictated treaties.

I don't believe that anyone who is acquainted with the fact of the case can honestly say that Germany has ever asked to be "king-pin on the European alley", or can conceive of her in the future as planning to "leap at the throat of France like a mad yet desperate dog". Edward T. Ladd '38