"MONTHLY" CONDUCTING POLL ON '40 ADVISERS

PAID SENIORS AS ADVISERS ARE URGED BY EDITORS

In a vigorous bid for prominence in undergraduate political circles, the Harvard "Monthly" yesterday conducted a poll of the Freshman Class on the question of the desirability of the present system of Freshman advisers.

On the blanks given to Yardlings to fill out were pertinent questions about the values, if any, of the faculty advisers for yearlings. In a brief introductory note, the editors of the publication advocated that Seniors be employed, receiving remuneration, to take the place of faculty men in advisory capacities.

"Monthly" editors could not be reached yesterday afternoon or evening to comment officially on the poll. T. Dunstan Thompson '40, an editor, mentioned, though, that the answers to the queries could be termed "amazing."

John Hay '38, former president of the magazine, said that an article would be written about the answers to questions on the blanks "if the results are gratifying." At a late hour last night it was impossible to determine whether the 350 Freshmen filling in the blanks had gratified the "Monthly" editors.