The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

HARVARD'S GOOD FORTUNE

Harvard has been very fortunate in getting the services of Dr. Heinrich Bruening for the coming year, and he will be able to give much more to the University than the mere prestige of his name. Although he is well known the world over for his political activities, he also is an eminent scholar, having studied the economics of trade for many years. This combination of research and theoretical knowledge, with years of practical experience in government service, has given him a breadth of knowledge and realistic understanding of world problems that can hardly be surpassed.

Despite his dramatic dismissal from the Third Reich, Dr. Bruening's reputation has benefited rather than suffered, and Harvard may be justly proud of having taken a man into its fold, whose abilities were not appreciated in a country that has rejected all things intellectual and cultural. So long as the leading universities in this country continue to uphold the traditions of free speech and unrestricted academic thinking, hysterical dictatorships and mob psychology will hold little danger for America.