WILD RAPS NEUTRALITY ACT IN RADIO ADDRESS

Asserts That Government Must Spurn Protection of Foreign Trade, Travel to Maintain Peace

Arguing that the Neutrality Act passed by Congress last Friday is not sufficient to keep the United States out of a possible world conflict, Payson S. Wild, assistant professor of Government, spoke on "American Neutrality" last night over station WAAB, in the series of Wednesday evening broadcasts sponsored by the Harvard "Guardian", undergraduate magazine of the social sciences.

Professor Wild, speaking over the Colonial network, criticized sharply the new legislation as a peace-maintaining factor. Weighing the efforts of Congress to keep this country out of war, he said: "A simple reiteration of the legal fact that Americans travel and trade in wartime at their own risk that the government will not give them blanket protection in whatever they undertake, and the direction of energy into prevention of war now instead of this naive effort to keep us unentangled by a hodge-podge of embargoes and prohibitions these steps would be far more effective."

Next Wednesday, the Guardian will present J. Raymond Walsh, instructor in Economics, who will talk at the same time over the same station on "Labor's Rid for Power."