TO THE HARVARD CLUBS OF AMERICA

The fortieth annual meeting of the Associated Harvard Clubs of America, scheduled to take place in Indianapolis on May 15th, is an event of no small importance to either the University or to the varied thousands of graduates scattered in every corner of the nation. In recent years the practice of a twenty-fifth reunion has done splendid work in bringing back to the confines of Harvard, men in all walks of life, in all callings and in every profession. Holders of vastly different political creeds and men firm in varied social and moral beliefs have met and renewed acquaintances and friendships here, twenty-five years before, they roamed, and worked and played and progressed along the academic path each according to his own ability and chosen technique.

For the great majority, however, such a return to Cambridge is Impossible. While the spirit is willing, even eager, the flesh or the pocket-book or the conscience is weak, and the invitation to regress to the age of incipient maturity must be regretfully declined. For these it is that the annual meetings of the several Harvard Clubs are designed. These meetings bring together men with a great mutual bond, they serve to acquaint graduates of the University everywhere with the progress that is being made in Cambridge and with the changes that time is slowly effecting along the banks of the Charles. If for no other reason than to enable Harvard men to see and hear the President and the leaders of the faculty, such annual meetings would be worth many times over their expense and the problems of organization. The Harvard Crimson is proud to extend to this meeting of the Associated Harvard Clubs its sincerest good wishes and its hope that this institution will be maintained and will continue to grow in the future as it has in the past forty years.