Crimson Baseball Teams Will Face Two Foes Today

Varsity Meets St. John's, Freshmen Play Holy cross Here; Jayvee Game Cancelled

At 3 o'clock this afternoon, two crimson baseball teams will meet enemy nines, with the Varsity engaging St. John's and the Yardling playing the Holy Cross Freshmen at Soldiers Field.

With big Ed Ingalls, who has pitched the only games credited to the Crimson victory column this season, slated to too the slab today, the Varsity is expected to give the visiting Metropolitan League Leaders a stiff battle.

St. John's Favored

The odds favor the opponents who recently white-washed Princeton 8 to 0, after the Tigers had swamped the Mitchellmen 10 to 4. To date the Crimson nine has won three games and dropped six.

Coach Fred Mitchell will start his usual lineup with the exception of left field and catcher. Dave Shean will again cover the left garden in place of Reino Grondahl, who is out with a cold, while either Phil Staples or Paul Doyle will catch in the absence of the ailing Al Colwell, regular backstop.

Jayvee Game Cancelled

The scheduled Junior Varsity game with Dean academy this afternoon at Franklin has been cancelled. Yesterday the Jayvees elected Bob Regan, second baseman, captain for the 1937 season.

Woodward Opens Against Holy Cross

With the ace pitcher, John Wood-ward, scheduled to start today, the Yardlings, fresh from victories over St. Mark's and Lawrence Academy, will meet the hard-hitting Holy Cross nine at three o'clock on the Soldiers Field diamond.