Undergraduate Athletic Council to Be Formed This Fall by HAA

To Be Composed of Each House Secretary, a Master, Bingham and Samborski

Culminating a long demand for better undergraduate representation in athletic control boards, the H.A.A, today announced formation of an Undergraduate Athletic Council and an Inter House Athletic Council, to take effect next year.

The Committee on the Regulation of Athletic Sports, the Minor Sports Council and the Student Council's work with athletics will continue as heretofore, except as modified by yesterday's action.

The undergraduate Athletic Council will consist of one representative from each of the major sports, three from the minor sports as a group, three representatives from Inter House Athletics and an assistant to the Director of Athletics.

This new body will consider any and all questions affecting intercollegiate athletics. It shall also submit to the Committee on the Regulation of Athletic Sports recommendations with athletic questions.

Also this new group will consider questions relating to managerial competitions, as well as initiating action on new insignia awards, and having supervision over all cheerleaders. Further it shall have power to appoint committees to provide for the entertainment of visiting teams and committees to act in any advisory capacity.

In May of each year members will be elected in the following manner: Captains and managers have the right to vote for major sport representatives and lettermen and managers-elect are eligible. From the six major representatives elected at that meeting one shall be designated as the major sports representative on the Committee on the regulation of Athletic Sports.

Captains and managers of minor sport teams shall have the right to pick the three representatives but any manager elect or letterman is eligible to be elected. Each representative must be from a different minor sport. From the three so chosen, one shall be designated in serve on the Committee on the Regulation of Athletic Sports.

The Inter-house Athletic Council will choose three members to serve on the Undergraduate Athletic Council and one of those three will be designated as a member of the Committee on the Regulation of Athletic Sports.

Also today were announced the bylaws of the Inter House Athletic Council to be composed of the Athletic Secretary of each House, one House Master chosen at a meeting of all the Masters, and the Director of Iatra Mural Athletics and the Director of Athletics.

This body shall consider all affairs affecting athletics within the College and shall submit reports and recommendations to the two bodies above it