LEWIS, LAFOLLETTE TO SPEAK HERE THIS MONTH

OVER 400 EXPECTED TO ATTEND MEETING

John L. Lewis, C.I.O. chief, and Phillip LaFollette, Governor of Wisconsin, will be the principal speakers at the annual meeting of the Business School Alumni Association on June 18 and 19. Over 400 are expected to attend the two-day gathering.

The addresses by Lewis and LaFollette will be given after the June 18 dinner of the Association in Lowell House. Stacey K. Beebe, president of the Association, and Dean Donham will also give speeches at that time.

Government-Business Relationship

Relationships between government and business is the general topic to be discussed. The opening meeting will be held on then afternoon of the 18th in the Reading Room of Baker Library when Glenn A. Bowers, director of the division of Unemployment Insurance of New York State, William Y. Elliott, professor of Government, and Thomas H. Sanders, professor of Accounting, will speak.

Title of Elliott's address will be "Reforming Government to meet the Needs of Business," while Sanders will speak on "The Effect of Governmental Regulation on Business Administrators." No title has been announced for Bowers' talk, but it is understood that his speech will concern the Social Security Act, since he is an authority on the measure.

California Comes

The final session of the conference will be on Saturday morning, June 19. "Self Regulation of Business vs. Government Control" and "Contemporary Conditions--A Problem for Business Men" are the speeches which will be heard at this time, the first by J. Hugh Jackson, Dean of the Stanford Business School, and the second by Philip Cabot '94, professor of Business Administration.

Alumni coming from a distance for the conference will be quartered in the Business School Dormitories