CRIMSON NINE TO FACE DARTMOUTH IN DOUBLEHEADER

Ingalls Opposes Bell in First Contest With Curtiss Starting Second Tilt Tomorrow Against Lane

With the fate of the Crimson baseball season hinging on the outcome, Coach Fred Mitchell's third place nine will meet the league leading Dartmouth Indians in a double-header tomorrow afternoon on Soldiers Field at 2.30 o'clock.

To date the Big Green has won eight contests while losing but two. The Varsity has five victories and three defeats in league competition and needs a double win tomorrow and two triumphs over the Elis in order to take the championship.

In case the Indians trounce the Mitchellmen twice, they will have a certain tie for first place, while Yale, at present in second position with six wins and two losses must take the four remaining games of the season with Princeton and the Crimson in order to equal Dartmouth's record.

Ingalls Faces Bell

The Indians' ace hurler, Fred Bell, who has pitched five league encounters without defeat, is slated to start on the mound in the first game tomorrow. Opposing Bell will be Mitchell's top twirler, Ed Ingalls, with four victories and two defeats.

Following the first seven inning encounter, Coach Jeff Tesreau plans to start Ben Lane on the mound for the Green, while Slim Curtiss will twirl for the Mitchellmen.

Although not always dependable, Lane pitched brilliantly against Columbia in mid-May, holding the Lions to four hits. Previous to the four-game series out of town nearly two weeks ago, Curtiss had not started a single game. Because of his victory over the Columbians on that trip, the tall right-hander is now ranked second on the Crimson mound staff.

Grondahi Unable to Play

Due to a three hour examination tomorrow afternoon, Dick Grondahi will be unable to play against the Indians. His absence forces Frankie Owen to return to third base from his right field position with Jim Sullivan covering the right garden.

Saturday against Holy Cross, Grondahl played brilliantly in his first appearance this year in the hot corner, while Owen made two circus catches in the outfield. The change tomorrow will be a decided handicap to the Mitchellmen.

The rest of the lineup will remain unchanged with Art Johns and Dave Shean, who won starting places in last week's shakeup, returning to their respective positions at second and left field.

Al Colwell during the past two weeks has had increasing difficulty in returning the ball to the pitcher. In the Holy Cross game, he threw wide of the mound five times in succession, but was unerring in throws to the bases.

Indians Lead in League Hitting

With a strong average of .298, the Dartmouth nine is leading the league in batting and is second only to the Crimson in fielding with a .948 percentage. Captain Ray Ratajczak, veteran shortstop, who is considered a likely major league prospect is hitting at .375 along with George Hanna, sophomore left fielder.AL COLWELL