Program of Events on Freshman Calendar

September 24, Friday

10 a.m.--5 p.m.: Registration in Memorial Hall. Penalties for late registration.

10 a.m.--1 p.m.: Examination for exemption from English A, New Lecture Hall. Open only to those who did not take the College Board Examination in English in June, 1937.

6:30 p.m.: Buffet supper at Harvard Union. All Union activities are open equally to those Freshmen living in the dormitories and those living at home.

7:30 p.m.: Reception for all new students in the Large Dining Hall of the Harvard Union. President Conant will preside.

September 25, Saturday

8:45 a.m.: Fifteen-minute service in the University Memorial Chapel, conducted by Reverend Willard Learoyd Sperry, Chairman of the Board of Preachers.

9 a.m.: Meeting of new students in New Lecture Hall. Various matters concerning the choice of studies will be discussed. Attendance required.

10 a.m.: Appointment for conferences with Faculty Advisers. Each Freshman is expected to report to his Adviser at this hour with the study card which he received in his registration envelope. This card properly filled out and signed by the Adviser should be hauded in as soon as ready at University Hall C. A fine of $5.00 is charged for study cards of new Freshmen submitted after 5 p.m. on Monday, September 27. Provisionally classified students may file their cards not later than 5 p.m. on Tuesday, September 28.

2-4 p.m.: Examinations in Reading French and Reading German, New Lecture Hall.

8 p.m.: Meeting of new students in the Large Dining Hall of the Harvard Union. Speakers: William J. Bingham, Director of Athletics; K. N. Marshall, Secretary of the Union and others.

September 26, Sunday

11 a.m.: Special service for new students in the University Memorial Chapel Reverend Willard Learoyd Sperry will preach.

3 p.m.: Open House at Phillips Brooks House and Tea for Freshmen and Proctors.

September 27, Monday

8:30 a.m.-3 p.m.: First term bill of $110 payable at Harvard Trust Company, Harvard Square.

8:45-9 a.m.: Daily service in University Memorial Chapel.

11 a.m.-1 p.m.; 2 p.m.-4 p.m.: Conferences with Faculty Advisers.

12 m.: Preliminary meeting of English A in New Lecture Hall.

4-5 p.m.: Latest hour for filing new Freshman study cards without $5 fine.

7:30 p.m.: Annual Reception of Phillips Brooks House Association, Phillips Brooks House. Speakers: leaders of various undergraduate extra-curricular activities. Music and refreshments.

September 28, Tuesday

8:45-9 a.m.: Daily chapel.

12 m.: Preliminary meeting of German A in New Lecture Hall.

2 p.m.: Physical Training and Department of Hygiene announcements in New Lecture Hall. Attendance of all new Freshmen required.

4 p.m.: Preliminary meeting of French E in New Lecture Hall.

September 29, Wednesday

September 30, Thursday

First regular meetings of all courses under the Faculty of Arts and Sciences are held on these days at the hours and places indicated in a notice given to students at registration.