P. B. H. SPONSORS COURSE ON CHRISTIAN WORLD

First Lecture of Extra-Curricular Course To Be Held October 7--Local Churches Approve

"Outlines of Christianity," described as an elementary, non-technical course presenting objectively the importance of the Christian World View in our civilization," will be an innovation in the University this year. A printed program containing a schedule of lectures and names of speakers was distributed in all Registration envelopes.

The course is extra-curricular and is sponsored by Phillips Brooks House, undergraduates and members of the faculty, and the churches of Harvard Square, "with the co-operation of the college authorities."

The first meeting will be held on Thursday, October 7 from 7:30 to 9:00 o'clock in room 3, Harvard Hall, and on succeeding Thursdays through December 17. Following is the schedule of lectures for the first half year:

October 7--Introductory Lecture. Dr. James B. Munn, Professor in the Department of English.

October 14--Practical Problems in Personal Christianity. Dr. Thomas H. Sanders, Professor of Accounting in Harvard Business School.

October 21--The Psychology of Christian Worship. Dr. Kenneth J. Tillotson, Instructor in Psychiatry in Harvard Medical School.

October 28--Christian Theology. Dr. John D. Wild, Assistant Professor of Philosophy.

November 4--Christian Philosophy. Ast. Prof. John D. Wild.

November 11--The Old Testament. Dr. Edwin P. Booth, Professor of Historical Theology in Boston University.

November 18--The New Testament. Dr. Norman B. ash, Paine Professor of Christian Social Ethics in Episcopal Theological School.

December 3--The Christian Ethic for the Individual. Dr. Augus Dun, Professor of Systematic Divinity in Episcopal Theological School.

December 10--The Christian Ethic for the World. Dr. Carl J. Friedrich, Professor of Government.

December 17--The Christian Church--Foundation of Civilization. Dr. William E. Hocking, Alford Professor of Philosophy.