NEW SPORTS BODY NAMES ALLEN AND MAYNE TO OFFICE

Roberts, Lowman, Clark, Northrop, Ruch, Shcan, Moore, Sulloway, Hutter Also Athletic Representatives

C. Russell Allen '88, of Greenfield, was elected president of the new Harvard Undergraduate Athletic Council at its organization meeting Tuesday night. Wiley E. Mayne '38, of Sanborn, Iowa, was elected vice-president.

The new Council has supplanted the old Major and Minor Sports committees and will be concerned hereafter with all matters concerning intercollegiate and intramural athletics. It has special control over cheer leaders, reception of visiting teams, and insignia awards.

Other business at the first meeting included the appointment of Charles G. Hutter, Jr. '38, and George F. Lowman '38 as a two-man committee in charge of cheer leaders this fall.

In the Council, membership is made up of twelve Seniors. There is one representative from each of the six major sports, three representatives from the minor sports as a group, three representatives from the minor sports as a group, there representatives from inter-House athletics.

Also an assistant to the Director of Athletics acts as secretary and serves as a member ex-offcio. F. Stanton Deland '36 fills this position.

In addition to Allen and Mayne, of Kirkland House, members, all of 1938, are:

George F. Roberts, hockey, Lowman, basketball, Alexander C. Northrop, track, John R. Clark, crew, and David W. Shean, Jr., baseball; also, Hutter, swimming, Morris Earle, soccer, Alvah W. Sulloway, tennis and squash, Charles D. Ruch, of Adams House, and William J. Moore, of Leverett House.