LANDIS WILL DELIVER YALE LECTURE TONIGHT

Law Dean to Discuss "Administrative Process' in First of Four Speeches at New Haven

NEW HAVEN, CONN., Jan. 9--Dean Landis, newly appointed head of the Harvard Law School and former chairman of the Securities and Exchange Commission, will give the first of a series of William L. Storrs Lectures on "The Administrative Process" here tonight, it was announced today. Four lectures will be given by Landis in this series.

According to Dean Charles E. Clark of the Yale Law School, Landis is "one of the most brilliant legal scholars of our time." The lectures, he said, will be especially interesting because they will be a mature expression of Dean Landis' experience in Washington.

Dean Landis has in recent years been prominent in activities connected with government control of business. While a member of the Federal Trade Commission in 1933, he helped draft the Securities Act. In the next year he was appointed to the Securities Exchange Commission, and became its chairman in 1935. He held this post until his recent return to Harvard.

The William L. Storrs Lectureship Fund was established in 1889 by gift from Misses Eliza T. and Mary A. Robinson in memory of their great-uncle, Chief Justice William L. Storrs, B.A. 1814, for a course of lectures dealing with fundamental problems of law and jurisprudence.