Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

'37 CREW MADE TOPIC FOR $25 PRIZE ESSAY

UPPERCLASSMEN ELIGIBLE; 2,000 WORDS DUE BEFORE APRIL

Earnest E. Smith '02, former captain of the Newell Boat Club and single scull champion of the University, is offering a $25 prize for the best essay written by an upperclassman on the 1937 crew season, it was revealed last night.

The essay is not to exceed 2000 words exclusive of lists and summaries.

Lists and summaries should fill the first pages, forming a chronological record of the principal rowing events, together with the individual names and classes of the winners. These should number all intercollegiate events such as Varsity, Freshman, 150 pound, Jayvees, and intramural sculling.

Following such introductory lists, the main body of the essay should be a readable narrative of the high spots of the season, covering not only the races but other matters such as the progress of the coaching system, amusing or unusual incidents during the training season or the races themselves, and any new developments or experiments in equipment.

Data on last year's results may be obtained from Robert H. Haynes, assistant librarian, at Widener Library.

Manuscripts should be submitted before the spring recess, either at the H.A.A. or at the offices of the CRIMSON, which has been delegated to conduct the contest and judge the essays.